Friday, January 05, 2007

still shinin'

Man, you turn around and it's been a week and a half since you're added any content to your blog. Time flies etc...

So against all odds and history, even for here, the sun is still out and shining pretty much every day. It's in the low 60s if you're in the sun. Everyone I've talked to is completely blown away by the weather; it is NOT the norm here for winter. It's obviously a great big wonderful present for me from the universe...either that or global warming...

What... is... going... on... I've been here three months now! The trip is officially winding down. I will have to return home soon, to reclaim my cats before they would have to move into a house with my highly-allergic dad and our cat-chasin' dog...officially this deadline is the end of February, but I need to get home a fair bit before that, of course, to give myself enough time to figure out what comes next. I'll keep you posted.

Went for a walk the other day and stumbled across the river that skirts along the outer edge of the city... they don't make it easy to get to, as far as I can tell. I am planning to go check it out again, at a different part. I was doing my usual route to the Mediterranean, but once I got down there I turned right instead of left and just kept walking. Eventually got to the place where the river meets the sea. There were a lot of fishermen. I tried to walk along the river back up into town, but there are a lot of fences and freeways out that way so I kept running into blocks. Finally just turned back towards the city center and resolved to return again later.

Jeez, just realized that I haven't even said happy new year! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! 2006, we hardly knew ye... I hope everyone had a (mostly) safe and (exceedingly) wonderful holiday season, and I wish you all the very best for 2007.

Peace in the Middle East.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amboy Observer said...

Happy New Year!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jeans Pants said...

When I went home to Massachusetts for the holidays it was very warm. When I left Massachusetts for LA it was 65 in Massachusetts and it was 55 when I arrived in LA. I think AL Gore is on to something =0)

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home