Friday, June 01, 2007

Go west, young pope

Have you ever met a new cat or dog, at someone's house or even just out on the street, and they look at you all funny, cause they can smell your cat or dog, as if to say, "you know, you look just like this hairless foodbag that I live with, but damned if you don't smell like a cat. You're the oddest lookin' feline I ever did-dun see."

I get that a lot.

Of special importance to Boros: I have heard from two different sources within the past week two facts:

1. Boros's condition is known as "Cerebellar Hypoplasia."

2. More often than not, cats with this condition are put to sleep as kittens.

Now... most of you know me. And if you haven't met Boros, you've heard about him. When I found out that most cats with his condition are put down, you can imagine my shock and horror. But, really, in the end I feel at least as sorry for the people who didn't get to experience having a kitty with special needs in their life. Cause it most definitely is their loss.

Okay, now we need to lighten the mood a bit. So get ready for THIS:

http://www.catfamily.com/chkittyclub/pages/cat_family/
-needs_home-/index.html#willow

Big news: I'm moving. Yes, yes, you all knew that. But what you didn't know is that I've decided to move to the Bay Area. I found a nice house in which to rent a room on the Bay, about 20 miles outside San Francisco proper. 10 miles north of Berkeley, less than 4 miles from the nearest BART station. In the end, there just wasn't any work in the Davis/Sacramento area. And, of course... muthafuckin San Francisco y'all! I'm sure it will be a lot easier to come visit me this way.

This has all happened in the past few weeks, and I found out that I got the room on Monday... and tomorrow will be our first night in the new place. So it's all happening really quickly. It's a good spot; I can get two rooms and my own bathroom for less than it would cost to get a small studio in SF, and there's a big enclosed yard for Boros. I keep telling him how much he's gonna love it, but he's kind of preoccupied seeing as how this will be his fifth move since last October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home