Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Back from the Dead

So what's it been, about three months? Feels like it's about time to get something down here again. I kind of liked the idea of letting the whole "Barcelona experience" exist on its own for awhile, but I feel like it's time to put out a bit of an update. Of course, by now everyone's stopped checking back to see if I added anything... so only the two people or so who both had me on RSS feed, but haven't taken me out due to criminal neglect, will even know that I've added something.

In that regard then, since I'm pretty sure almost nobody will read this, I offer the following:

Hell damn fart! Crap crap crap! Baby elephant trunks up your butt!!!

And now, as they say... on with our show...

If somebody had told me, one year ago today, that one year from now (then) I would be: a) living in California, after b) spending four months in Spain, I would have... well honestly, I would have been pretty excited. Those are both things I would have wanted to do for a long time now (then).

So by now most of you know all about Spain. If you don't, I suggest you catch up with some light reading of the previous three dozen or so blog entries below. But California? Probably a lot of you (non-existent) readers know that I've moved to Davis, 20 miles west of Sacramento and 70 miles east of the Bay. The short answer: I've lived my whole life in Seattle and needed to get away. Try something different for awhile. This was a decision I made while in Spain, and, after much research, I settled on the Sacramento/Davis answer.

And, of course, there is a girl involved (isn't there always?). I got back together with my girlfriend from back home after I returned from Spain; she was moving back to her ancestral home of Visalia, CA (recently named #7 in the "most polluted U.S. cities" survey). We both determined that I shouldn't move down there with her, but instead should stake a claim up north and await her arrival, while she dealt with some family stuff. Which I do. Eagerly. Await her arrival I mean.

So here I am. I still work for the same company that I did, both before and after Spain. My fearless associate Boros is with me, weird as ever. Turns out that he likes tofu. Go figure. I'm working from home on random projects while very slowly working towards getting paid to write in some capacity.

With that in mind, this blog will henceforth be a "what's going on with Jerod" sort of thing. Like one of those group emails people used to send, detailing events and whatnot. I know it seems like that was all this ever was... but there was also a healthy mix of stuff more in the style of "humorist essay." I'm still planning to write stuff like that, but instead of self-publishing it here I'm going to try to submit it to publications for fun and profit. 'Cause those places won't accept pre-published work, blogs included. I will keep you updated (here) as things develop (otherwhere).

Onward and upward, brave pilgrims!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate Irish said...

No humorist essays for your readership? Humbug! No one cares about your brand of toothpaste or what Boros coughed up lately. Consarnit.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back, Kotter.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Amboy Observer said...

hahaha, so at least three people had you on RSS!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home