Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Barcelona

Well. Since my last entry began something like, "I haven't written in this thing for a month," I guess I'm doubling the time between entries every time. Expect another update sometime in February.

Anyways, I'm here. In Barcelona. I'm visiting my very good friend and host Dustin. I do not speak Spanish.

One of the first things I learned here was that you don't call it "Spanish." Barcelona is in the Catalan region, which has its own language and everything. Calling Castillian, the language of all Latin American countries (besides Brazil of course), "Spanish" to a Catalan is something like calling U.S. English "American" to somebody from Mexico. They generally won't get upset about it, but your life will be easier in small ways if you make the effort.
I had an uneventful trip, from Seattle-Philly-Frankfurt-Barcelona. I will add some more content about the trip and first few days here later in the week. For now, I just want to add something short and get this thing going again.

Much, much more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home