Sunday, November 05, 2006

Crazy Melvin

Hey check it out; I've started contributing to a group blog:
http://www.crazymelvin.com
It was put together by my buddy Eric; he's also the master of its domain. If you know what I mean.
We came up with the name Crazy Melvin several months ago while I was visiting Eric, his wife Beth, and their twin boys Sam and Holden in Spokane. It's from a Sesame Street episode with dancing pencils (I was convinced for years and years that they were bananas). It was always one of my favorite Sesame Street episodes, something I'd cite when making my point that Sesame Street is actually really funny, even now, even as adults. The premise: three pencils, in a row, dancing to rumba music. It really is a lot funnier if you can act it out, of course, but the purpose is to teach kids about first and last. And to have first and last you have to have middle, right? Well in this case, middle is...that's right, it's CRAZY MELVIN!!! Ha-cha!
I wish I could find a link to a video of the scene, but it seems to be the one thing not available on the interweb. Sure, I can get 1.3 millions videos of [incredibly offensive and disgusting sexual act described in lurid detail deleted] but no Crazy Melvin??? W.T.F.
Here's a picture; it's grainier than that video of Bigfoot walking through the forest, but it's the best I can offer:















So there you go. Check it out when you have a moment. It's also linked in the sidebar over there->
I will continue to post in both locations.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeans Pants said...

I shall check it out =0)

8:40 AM  
Blogger the_pope_of_chilitown said...

It occurs to me that Crazy Melvin actually sounds like one of those euphamisms for an incredibly offensive and disgusting sexual act...dirty sanchez...rusty trombone...crazy melvin...

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home